For a business to do well in the market simply cannot run successfully without marketing. Marketing is the term that allows companies to promote their business in the market for customers. In the earlier days, companies relied heavily by spending a fortune on traditional marketing. However, thanks to the better advancements in technology, digital marketing is the new form of marketing. Now before heading straight over to the differences, let’s focus on the definitions of traditional and digital marketing.
- Traditional Marketing – This type of marketing is all about promoting a product via personal or direct conversations with the customers, adding of banners of making tons of brochures etc. The only disadvantage of traditional marketing is that it is expensive and not many companies have the finance to do this form of marketing.
- Digital Marketing – This type of marketing is all about promoting a product on digital platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Now let’s focus on some of the differences between the 2.
- Communication Rate – Both offer communicating with the customers however, digital marketing allows faster and quicker way of reaching them.
- Workplace – Traditional marketing involves the use of an office for functioning while digital marketing only requires a laptop and internet connection.
- Expenditure – Both the forms of marketing requires money however, digital marketing wins because it is way cheaper when compared to traditional marketing.
- Career – Both forms of marketing offer a great platform to pursue a career. However, digital marketing has caught up as it offers professionals to travel to different countries and earn more.
Digital marketing professionals should consider the advantages offered by this form of marketing.